Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Named Person:||Colin Beavan; Michelle Conlin; Colin Beavan; Michelle Conlin|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Laura Gabbert; Justin Schein; Eden H Wurmfeld; Colin Beavan; Michelle Conlin; William Haugse; Matthew Martin; Bobby Johnston; Oscilloscope Laboratories (Firm); Impact Partners (Firm); Eden Wurmfeld Films.; Shadowbox Films, Inc.; Laura Gabbert Films.; Women Make Movies (Firm); Chicken & Egg Pictures (Firm); Fledgling Fund.; Fork Films.
|Language Note:||English dialogue with optional English subtitles.|
|Notes:||Originally released as a motion picture in 2008.
Special features: Optional 'clean' audio track for school and educational use; "A letter from Beth" featurette; "Beachwalk & talk" featurette; "Bike rant" featurette; "Bobby Johnston, composer" featurette; "Building super" featurette; Extended Mayer rant; "Freegans" featurette; "How to make a pot in a pot" featurette; "How to make vinegar" featurette; Pregnancy reveal alternative; "No impact date" featurette; "Scrabble" featurette; Sundance Q & A; "The future of bees" featurette; "Transportation alternatives" featurette.
|Credits:||Director of photography, Justin Schein ; edited by William Haugse, Matthew Martin ; music by Bobby Johnston ; co-produced by Colin Beavan, Michelle Conlin.|
|Performer(s):||Colin Beavan, Michelle Conlin, Isabella Beavan.|
|Target Audience:||MPAA rating: Not rated.|
|Description:||1 videodisc (93 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.|
|Details:||DVD; NTSC, region 0; widescreen (1.78:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo.|
|Contents:||Special features: Optional 'clean' audio track for school and educational use ; Featurettes: A letter from Beth --
Beach walk & talk --
Bike rant --
Bobby Johnston, composer --
Building super --
Extended Mayer rant --
How to make a pot in a pot --
How to make vinegar --
Pregnancy reveal alternative --
No impact date --
Sundance Q & A --
The future of bees --
|Responsibility:||Oscilloscope Laboratories + Impact Partners ; directed by Laura Gabbert, Justin Schein ; produced by Laura Gabbert, Eden Wurmfeld ; an Eden Wurmfeld Films, Shadowbox Films & Laura Gabbert Films production.|
Colin Beavan is a New York City writer and self-proclaimed liberal. He has big plans for his new book. He decides on a grand experiment: to live one year with as little impact on the environment as possible. The problem is, the project requires his wife Michelle, an espresso-guzzling, Prada-worshipping business writer, and their young daughter to be fully on board. The family embarks on a year of no electricity, television, cars, toilet paper, elevators, or newspapers.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Sustainable living -- New York (State) -- New York -- Citizen participation -- Personal narratives.
- Environmental responsibility -- New York (State) -- New York -- Personal narratives.
- Environmental protection -- New York (State) -- New York -- Citizen participation -- Personal narratives.
- Environmentalism -- New York (State) -- New York -- Personal narratives.
- Beavan, Colin.
- Conlin, Michelle.
- Environmentalists -- United States -- Biography.
- Nature -- Effect of human beings on -- Personal narratives.
- Green movement -- New York (State) -- New York -- Personal narratives.
- Beavan, Colin -- Conduct of life.
- Liberals -- New York (State) -- New York -- Conduct of life -- Personal narratives.
- Nuclear families -- New York (State) -- New York -- Conduct of life -- Personal narratives.
- Conlin, Michelle -- Conduct of life.